Teacher recommend CDs, DVDs, and books
- Dance Wear
- Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful and enjoy celebrating your body!
Comfortable dance clothing such as stretch pants and a close-fitting
sports/tank top or t-shirt is recommended for dance technique correction.
If you wear clothing that is loose (such as sweat pants or long t-shirts)
the teacher will not be able to see if you are executing the movements
- Hip Scarf
- A hip scarf is highly recommended to help see the movement as you develop
those fabulous shimmies. Fun Sahara Dancewear and hip scarves are available for sale at the studios, or you may use a large scarf, shawl, or evening wrap. Please do not sit down in glass beaded hip scarves as the beads can easily break and end up cutting our feet.
- Finger Cymbals Not required for Beginner students; required for Low Intermediate and above.
- Recommended professional brands include Saroyan "Arabesque" or Turquoise 2-1/8" size; or other small, two slot designs.
- Veil Not required for Beginner students; required for Low Intermediate and above.
- Beautiful china silk veils are available for purchase at the studio for the first two weeks of Veil classes. You may also make your own with approximately 3 yards of chiffon, silk, or lightweight, flowing fabric. Hemmed fabric is recommended.
- Dance Shoes Optional
- You can dance in bare feet, ballet or rubber-soled jazz shoes (no black-soled, street or
hard-soled shoes please). To purchase, see Yellow Pages listing under Dancing Supplies.
Copyright © 2014 Sahara Dance. All Rights Reserved. 4433 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC, 20016 (202) 362-4400