The faculty at Sahara Dance is committed to a shared vision of teaching belly dance as an art form. Our faculty works from a standardized curriculum, emphasizing strong technique, individual expression and contextual awareness of Middle Eastern dance and music. While each teacher has a unique style, our shared syllabus ensures a comprehensive approach to belly dance instruction.
- We uphold the highest standards for the study and practice of belly dance as a cultural dance form and an emerging experimental genre. All faculty members teaching the Sahara Dance curriculum have completed the following professional training:
- Sahara Dance Foundations Teacher training with Rachel Kay Brookmire, Karim Nagi and guest artists (80 hours)
- Journey through Egypt 1 (JtE) certification with dance ethnologist, Sahra Saeeda, MA, UCLA (20 hours)
- Journey through Egypt 2 (JtE) certification with dance ethnologist, Sahra Saeeda, MA, UCLA (20 hours)
- Sahara Dance Teaching Assistantships
- Continuing Education: weekly training and ongoing master classes